SG Questions – April 02
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
SEVEN DAYS TO LIVE – part five
Death of Jesus
- Share about a time when someone in your life passed away. If you feel comfortable, share about the feelings and emotions that you felt with that loss.
- How does culture reinforce that taking care of/loving ourselves is the highest value?
Look Down: Read Matthew 26:31-56
- What stands out to you in this passage and/or from the weekend message?
How to Die to Self::
- RELEASE Control
- READ Genesis 3:6-7 and Luke 9:23
- What is the difference between dying to self and living for self?
- In what areas of your life do you find it most difficult to die to self?
- Share specific ways you can (or do) practice the discipline of dying to self?
- RESTRAIN Yourself
- What are the dangers of not having control over our emotions?
- READ Proverbs 29:11 – What stands out to you in this verse?
- What are specific ways you can practice the discipline of self-control when it comes to your emotional responses to challenging situations/people?
- REPENT of sins
- READ Luke 23:39-43 – What stands out to you in these verses regarding repentance?
- Why is consistent repentance an important part of our relationship with Christ?
- Share specific ways you can (or do) practice the discipline of repentance?
- Try a daily R.E.S.E.T. this again this week as a way to sit at Jesus’ table every day:
Follow these five steps for 2-3 minutes each:
- Consider the state of your Relationships with God and others
- Sit in silence and observe your Environment by looking (eyes opened) and listening (eyes closed) to God’s creation
- Meditate on a Scripture, from a devotion or even the weekend message
- Offer your Emotions to God (anxiety, stress, fear), and
- Express your Thankfulness to God