Strengthening Your Connection With God
Our purpose at Sunrise Church is to BE ONE person who is faithful to God, BRING ONE person to a personal relationship with Jesus, and BUILD ONE person to maturity in Christ.
A believer grows in his/her relationship with Christ by making a commitment to spend time alone each day with God (in prayer), being in His Word (the Bible), attending church services, being in fellowship with other believers, serving in volunteer ministry and continually learning through spiritual growth classes and Bible studies. The following steps in our spiritual growth process are designed to help you grow and mature in your relationship with Christ. Classes are offered year round. Some classes have prerequisites; others can be taken at any time. If you have any questions, please contact the church office at (951) 897-9787.
The 100 series is designed to help you faithfully follow Christ.
- Attend worship services regularly
- Receive Christ
- Invite people to church regularly
- Participate in volunteer service at Sunrise Church
- 5 Step Follow-Up
This step is designed to assist new believers in developing healthy spiritual habits. A leader (of the same sex) will contact you for 5-week, one-to-one follow-up and Bible study.
- Complete Baptism/Membership
This 1-day class (or 4-week class) is designed to help those interested in learning more about our church (what we believe, etc.), baptism, and membership.
- Complete Discovery 1*
This 6-week class will help build a solid foundation for your faith. You will learn foundational truths of spiritual life and growth.
* These classes may be taken during 100 Series or 200 Series.
The 200 series is designed to equip you to take personal responsibility for your own spiritual growth.
- Pray and read your Bible daily
- Attend Prayer Meeting regularly. Prayer service is on Sunday's @ 5:30 p.m. in the Sunrise Worship Center.
- Complete Discovery 2 (Prerequisite: Discovery 1)
This class will help you discover the privileges of being a Christian and the key to living a successful Christian life. (6 weeks)
- Complete Discovery 3 (Prerequisite: Discovery 2)
This class will help you discover how God can impact the world through you. Learn how to love and forgive others. (6 weeks)
- Complete 1 - 1 Discipleship (Prerequisite: 5 Step Follow-Up)
The next step takes you through a 9-week one-to-one Bible study to establish a spiritual foundation for growth. A leader (of the same sex) will contact you for one-to-one Bible study. (Book $9)
- Participate in a small group regularly
Praying and studying God's Word with a small group of believers.
- Participate in church outreaches
- Continue to serve in an ongoing ministry
- Lead another person through New Life (1 - 1 Follow-Up)
Equip To Lead
The following elective classes address life issues and are scheduled throughout the year at our Rialto Campus. For more info, contact the Rialto Church office @ 909-875-5566.
- Complete Equipping 1 (Prerequisite Discovery 3)
Introduction to the Bible teaches you how we got our Bible and how it is organized. (6 weeks)
- Complete Equipping 2
Basic Beliefs teaches you about the Bible, God, Christ, Holy Spirit, Angels, Man, Sin, Salvation, Church, and the Future. (6 weeks)
- Complete Equipping 3 (Prerequisite: Equipping 2)
How to Study Your Bible (Part 1) teaches the basic skills needed to help you discover the riches in God's Word. (6 weeks)
- Disciple another person (1 - 1 Discipleship)
- Participate in personal evangelism
Utilize the training of Discovery 4 to share the Gospel with others through the Spiritual Growth Ministry.
- Receive specific ministry training (ongoing)
The third part of our purpose at Sunrise Church is to BUILD ONE person to maturity in Christ. This next series is designed to help prepare you to become a leader in volunteer ministry and could lead to answering a call from God to serve in church leadership. Future teachers/leaders are encouraged to take Leadership Training.
- Model and teach specific ministry training to ministry leaders (ongoing)
- Develop and place ministry leaders who are active in equipping (ongoing)
- Lead ministry leaders who are active in equipping (ongoing)
- Model and teach specific ministry skills to individuals who reproduce their lives into other people (ongoing)
- Recruiting and developing individuals to mentor others (ongoing)
The following elective classes address life issues and are scheduled throughout the year. For information, contact the church office at
- Parent/Child Dedication (PCD)
Provides instruction on Christian family relationships, commitment to raise children in the Lord, and concludes with a dedication service.
- Preparing For Marriage (PFM)
Explores Godly principles to build your marriage with Christ as the center.
- Celebrate Recovery (CR)
Focuses on a 12-step program for those who deal with addictions.
- Grief Recovery (GR)
Helps people deal with the grief that comes from the loss of a loved one.
- Getting a Handle on Your Finances (GHYF)
Provides a biblical formula for becoming debt-free and honoring God with your finances.
- Love & Respect (LR)
A wife has one driving need—to feel loved. A husband has one driving need—to feel respected. Build your marriage with this 15 week class.
What is the Sunrise Spiritual Growth Process?
A step-by-step advance in:
Raising our understanding about God.
Changes in heart that lead to deeper worship of God.
Connecting with others through our service to God.