Take The Next Step
Strengthening Your Connection With God
Step 1 | Step 2 | Step 3 | Step 4
Our purpose at Sunrise Church is to BE ONE person who is faithful to God, BRING ONE person to a personal relationship with Jesus, and BUILD ONE person to maturity in Christ.
In which order should I take these steps?
Within each step, you can complete each action in any order. You should complete the entire step first step before moving on to the second step; complete the entire second step before moving to the third step, etc. Some classes have prerequisites; others can be taken at any time. If you have any questions, please contact the church office at (909) 875-5566.
The first step is designed to help you faithfully follow Christ.
- Attend worship services regularly
- Receive Christ
- Invite people to church regularly
- Participate in volunteer service at Sunrise Church
- 5 Step Follow-Up
This step is designed to assist new believers in developing healthy spiritual habits. A leader (of the same sex) will contact you for 5-week, one-to-one follow-up and Bible study.
- Complete Baptism/Membership
This 3-day class (or 1-day class) is designed to help those interested in learning more about our church (what we believe, etc.), baptism, and membership.
- Complete Discovery 1*
This 6-week class will help build a solid foundation for your faith. You will learn foundational truths of spiritual life and growth.
*These classes may be taken during the first step or second step.
Take Step 1
The second step is designed to equip you to take personal responsibility for your own spiritual growth.
- Pray and read your Bible daily
- Attend "Fresh Encounter" regularly
Praise and prayer service on Wednesday nights at 7:00 PM in the Sunrise Worship Center.
- Complete Discovery 2 (Prerequisite: Discovery 1)
This class will help you discover the privileges of being a Christian and the key to living a successful Christian life. (6 weeks)
- Complete Discovery 3
This 5-week class (Witnessing Without Fear) is designed to help you share your faith with others and reach your community for Christ, fulfilling the second purpose of Sunrise Church—to BRING ONE person to a personal relationship with Jesus. This class can help you develop the confidence to become either a Prayer Partner or Spiritual Growth worker.
- Connecting to Ministry
Everyone has a place in Christ's church. This class helps you identify your spiritual gifts and how God can use you in His ministry. (6 weeks)
- Participate in a small group regularly
Praying and studying God's Word with a small group of believers.
- Participate in church outreaches
- Continue to serve in an ongoing ministry
- Lead another person through New Life (1 - 1 Follow-Up)
Take Step 2
Equip To Lead
Following Christ is a lifetime adventure as you continue to discover God's plan for your life. This next series is designed to equip those who are committed to growing in Christ by learning how to understand and apply God's Word.
- Complete 9 Step Discipleship (Prerequisite: 5 Step Follow-Up)
The next step takes you through a 9-week one-to-one Bible study to establish a spiritual foundation for growth. A leader (of the same sex) will contact you for one-to-one Bible study. (Book $9)
- Complete Equipping 1 (Prerequisite Discovery 3)
Introduction to the Bible teaches you how we got our Bible and how it is organized. (6 weeks)
- Complete Equipping 2
Basic Beliefs teaches you about the Bible, God, Christ, Holy Spirit, Angels, Man, Sin, Salvation, Church, and the Future. (6 weeks)
- Complete Equipping 3 (Prerequisite: Equipping 2)
How to Study Your Bible (Part 1) teaches the basic skills needed to help you discover the riches in God's Word. (6 weeks)
- Participate in a ministry apprenticeship
- Participate in personal evangelism
Utilize the training of Discovery 3 to share the Gospel with others through the Spiritual Growth Ministry.
- Receive specific ministry training (ongoing)
Take Step 3
The third part of our purpose at Sunrise Church is to BUILD ONE person to maturity in Christ. This next step is designed to help prepare you to become a leader in volunteer ministry and could lead to answering a call from God to serve in church leadership. Future teachers/leaders are encouraged to take Leadership Training.
- Disciple another person (1 - 1 Discipleship)
- Model and teach specific ministry training to ministry leaders (ongoing)
- Develop and place ministry leaders who are active in equipping (ongoing)
- Lead ministry leaders who are active in equipping (ongoing)
- Model and teach specific ministry skills to individuals who reproduce their lives into other people (ongoing)
- Recruiting and developing individuals to mentor others (ongoing)
Take Step 4