Old is authentic. Old is genuine. Old is valuable.
You know you’re getting old when:
• You look forward to a dull evening at home.
• Your mind makes commitments your body cannot keep.
• Everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work.
• Your sink your teeth into a big, juicy steak and they stay there.
• You dim the lights for economic reasons, not romantic ones.
• You’ve owned clothes for so long they’ve came back into style twice.
• You sing along to elevator music.
• You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
This is humorous, but also can be a reality for those entering the golden years of life. Your longevity is by the grace of God. Your life is a living testimony of God’s glory. God has provided the necessities and have given you a vast experience of life to share with the younger generation. The knowledge and wisdom you have gained can only come by the mountain and valleys you have experience throughout the years.
"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need." Philippians 4:12
Billy Graham once said, "Old is authentic. Old is genuine. Old is valuable."
Continue to pray and praise God; study the Word and fellowship with others. Show others around you the joy of God!
Proverbs 16:31 - "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life."
Isaiah 46:4 - "Even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save."
Posted on Tue, June 9, 2015
by Sam Petitfils