Crossfit - Day 24 - Be Strong in Your Mental Focus
Begin your time with God in prayer.
Praise God for who He is. Confess any sin so that nothing blocks your fellowship with Him. Ask God to use the Spirit and the Word to transform your life.
Let God’s Word penetrate your head and your heart.
"Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." 2 Timothy 2:8-10
Your mental focus will largely determine if you finish or quit, succeed or fail.
· How did Jesus demonstrate His power in these verses?
· What important truth does Timothy bring out about God’s Word?
· What sacrifice did Timothy make for people? What motivated Him?
· To whom does God want you to bring the Gospel to?
· Ask God to help you to rely on His power and be obedient.
Father, thank you for all of the people You have put in my life that need a Savior. Forgive me for all the times my focus is on me, my wants, and my desires. Help me to stay focused on what is really important – helping people in need of a Savior to find Jesus. Please use Your Word and Your Spirit to get my attention when my focus shifts from You and Your will. Amen.
Posted on Thu, September 12, 2013
by Sam Petitfils