Crossfit - Day 22 - Be Strong in Personal Discipline
Begin your time with God in prayer.
Praise God for who He is. Confess any sin so that nothing blocks your fellowship with Him. Ask God to use the Spirit and the Word to transform your life.
Let God’s Word penetrate your head and your heart.
"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs — he wants to please his commanding officer. Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this." 2 Timothy 2:2-7
· How does God want you to sacrifice to train others?
· What hardships will you need to endure to do this?
· What distractions do you need to eliminate, or be prepared to deal with, so that you can fulfill God’s command?
· How might you have been trying to accomplish God’s will in your way and not His?
· What disciplined training do you need so that you to train others?
Father, thank you for Your Word and for how it teaches us how to live a life that pleases You. Forgive me for all the ways that I avoid the personal discipline needed for strong endurance. Help me to train others, avoid diversions, and commit to disciplined training. I want to please You and bring glory to Your name. Amen.
Posted on Tue, September 10, 2013
by Sam Petitfils