Begin your time with God in prayer.
Praise God for who He is. Confess any sin so that nothing blocks your fellowship with Him. Ask God to use the Spirit and the Word to transform your life.
Spiritual success requires denying ourselves, taking up our cross, and thirdly, following Jesus.
Let God’s Word penetrate your head and your heart.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
· Describe what your prayer life looks like today. What changes can you make for prayer to be a greater part of your daily life?
· How might praying more benefit you, benefit other people, and help you to accomplish what God wants to do through you?
· According to the verse above, what is the benefit of learning to give generously?
· How does God say we are to give in the verse above?
· Take a moment and talk to God about your giving. Review the verses on giving. Choose to give with a joyful heart.
Father, thank you for rescuing me from my sin and saving me. Thank you for placing me in a church where people care about people. Help me to pray more, to depend on You, and to trust You with every area of my life. I confess that I can be self-centered, caring about my wants and desires, and being blind to the needs of those right around me. Give me a generous heart. Help me be faithful in giving to Your church to help meet the needs of others and reach out to more people. Amen.
Posted on Thu, August 29, 2013
by Sam Petitfils