For many, this is the time when children are going back to school or some are going to school for the first time. Everywhere you turn, there are Back-To-School sales. In some areas, there are uniforms that need to be purchased and backpacks to be filled with the necessities for the classroom. You have gone to meet the teacher, looked at the playground to make sure it’s a safe place for your child to be, and made a good breakfast to give them a good start to the day. So much to think about!
When you take time to read God’s work on how important children are to Him, you will see that the things you do for them, teach them, and learn with them, will be the things that they will carry for the rest of their lives.
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
Your children need the home-court-advantage as they go to school each day. They need the special messages from home that encourage them, to know that they are special and loved by you, and also by Jesus. Let me encourage you to take the next 30 days to make a huge impact on your child (no matter what the age). Let them know that you love them and are in their corner.
Here are some simple messages that you can place in their lunch pail, in their backpack (or briefcase), text, tweet, or FB them. Be creative!
1. You are the best. I thank God for you.
2. God will never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)
3. You bring joy to my life.
4. Nothing is too difficult for God. (Jeremiah 32:17)
5. I love you forever.
6. Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believer in speech, in life, in faith, in love and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12)
7. I am praying for you today.
8. I know that your day is as special as you are to me.
9. God has a special plan and purpose for your life.
10. I believe in you.
11. I’m so proud of you.
12. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3)
13. God is your refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
14. You are beautiful/handsome to me.
15. You are a great person and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
16. You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. (Phil. 4:13)
17. Good job!
18. I can’t wait for you to come home to see what a wonderful day you had.
19. Smile big because you know that Jesus loves you.
20. (Now you take some time and think of a fun, creative message you can use for today!)
The blessings will overflow when you see the reaction of someone who is reminded of how much you care and how much God loves them.
Posted on Fri, August 10, 2012
by Deb Goolsby